Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Read About a Four-Ounce Bird Who Has Already Traveled The Distance From the Earth to the Moon

You read the title of this blog post correctly - we'd like to share the story of a shorebird called a red knot, who has made 21 migration trips in his lifetime.  He's nicknamed "Moonbird" because he has already flown the equivalent distance between the Earth and the moon, and more than halfway back during his epic migrations. His route from the tip of South America to the top of Canada takes him through Delaware Bay, where his leg band is identified.

Read this amazing story here


3 comments:

  1. You know what? I really like your posts. I wander on the internet to find something new or unique. And I see your articles. I decided to linger at your site and read more and more. I hope that you can upload new posts. I will be the first one to read them. Thanks a million
    y8y8y8 games to play
    kizi games for school
    gogy girls games

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things here. Most of the links are useful and provides easy way to create quality links. It obvious that for ranking a site we need good quality back links and this list helps a lot for this purpose
    Gelf || Howdy Christmas || Beat Racer Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed to thank you for this magnificent read!! I certainly cherished each and every piece of it. I have you bookmarked your site to look at the new stuff you post.
    2player games 2019
    play friv Games
    io jogos

    ReplyDelete