Thursday, December 16, 2010

Galapagos Journal Entry #8

Looks like I made it back to Minnesota just in time for the 5th largest snowstorm ever. Digging out has been an all-out effort for a few days, both at work and at home. The raptor housing at The Raptor Center has been totally inundated with snow – the birds are perched inside as the staff works to be sure their outdoor housing is safe. As we try to escape the bone-chilling cold that followed the storm, my mind leaps back to another part of the world where white snow is replaced by white sand. The sky is brilliant blue in both places, but the temperature difference is about 80ºF. No surprise that I am looking forward to returning to Galapagos to continue with our project there.

The schedule is being finalized for the project with hawk trapping due to begin after the holidays. In the meantime, I thought I would share some more images.










No comments:

Post a Comment