Thursday, September 25, 2014
TRC on WCCO - and What You Can Do at our Fall Raptor Release
We hope to see you at our Fall Raptor Release event. Watching the rehabilitated raptors being released are certainly highlights, but there are other fun things to do, too!
To celebrate The Raptor Center's 40th Anniversary, here are 40 fun things to do at the event!
1. See raptors being released back to the wild
2. Take a photo class with your iPhone (children)
3. Take a photo lesson w/your cameras (adults) Friday and Saturday (We apologize - these classes are postponed. We'll let you know when they are rescheduled).
4. Take a free class titled “Drawn to Raptors” with artist Vera Ming Wong
5. Visit the St. Croix Valley Bench at Carpenter which is part of the St. Croix Valley Bench Project
6. Take a hay wagon ride
7. Buy some freshly-picked apples
8. Pick some fresh apples to take home
9. See The Raptor Center’s Raptor Ambassadors, including a 40 year old turkey vulture
10. Buy a fresh apple pie from a local 4-H group
11. Visit the 3M table in the pavilion
12. Learn about environmentally sustainable landscape architecture
13. Play a game with Leave no Trace!
14. Have a great meal by the Lions Club (proceeds donated locally)
15. Enjoy some freshly-roasted nuts from Nuttin’ Like It!
16. Bring your used ink jet cartridges to be recycled by The Raptor Center.
17. Stop by the Raptor Center's gift tent to pick up a book or gift or clothing
18. Enjoy a cookie donated by 3M
19. See how an event like this can happen with zero waste!
20. Enjoy the beauty of what Carpenter Nature Center has to offer in the fall
21. Learn about chemistry from the 3M Wizards
22. Learn about the history of falconry
23. Learn about monarch butterflies with the Monarch Lab from the University of Minnesota.
24. Try a Nordic Walking Program at 10:00 a.m.
25. Find the sculpture created by local artist Dale Lewis
26. Enjoy free parking
27. Stop by and listen to a Carpenter Nature Center intern share his experience
28. Take photos of the education birds up close (eagles, falcons, hawks, and owls)
29. Talk with the expert staff of the raptor center and learn more
30. See the Raptor Center ‘s wonderful and knowledgeable volunteers in action
31. Learn how you can help The Raptor Center’s “Text to Give” program.
32. Stop by and learn about the Minnesota Ornithologists Union
33. Hike along some of Carpenter Nature Center's 15 miles of trails.
34. Visit Carpenter Nature Center education reptiles and amphibians
35. Visit with Future First booth in the pavilion
36. Check out The Raptor Center’s new 40th Anniversary merchandise
37. Apple Sampling at Carpenter Nature Center’s apple shack and learn about sustainably grown apples
38. Live animal presentations on the stage beginning at 11:00 and 1:30
39. Pumpkin picking
40. Celebrate 40 years of rehabilitating raptors!
Posted by The Raptor Center at 11:50 AM