Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Catching Up with Past TRC Staff - Dr. Olga Nicolas



Dr. Olga Nicolas

My name is Dr. Olga Nicolas, I am from Spain. I did my internship at The Raptor Center in Minnesota, Saint Paul, from September 2007 to September 2009. After that, I went back to Spain and started working in the Vallcalent Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Lleida, Catalonia, where I am still working nowadays. In this center we have about 1500 wild local and protected animals coming in every year. Most of them are birds, and among them, the most common are raptors. But we also treat lots of storks, passerines, swifts, etc. We also receive a few mammals every year (hedgehogs, badgers). The wildlife center is divided in the hospital area, and a captivity breeding area (bearded vultures and lesser grey shrike). We also take samples and participate in several wildlife surveillance projects conducted by universities and private research centers (Avian influenza, West Nile virus, rabies, etc.).

(Dr. Nicolas also provided this post in Spanish)

No comments:

Post a Comment